Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Brainwav M2 canalphones

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by murchy, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

Was just wondering if anyone owns/has used a set of Brainwav M2 canalphones?
    I'm mainly concerned about whether putting a helmet on while wearing them will knock them out of my ear.

Cheers

2. I don't own them or a motorcycle helmet but I know about them. They use silicone tips which are rather shallow. If you want a good tight seal you need foam tips. A company called "Comply" sells the foam tips, you just need to check if they are compatible with your canalphones. Koss "The Plug" canalphones are really cheap and come with foam tips. You might want to give them a try.

The only downside of foam tips is they block out almost all external noise... Could be dangerous on the road. I'm not even comfortable wearing them as a foot pedestrian, it's just too dangerous (in my opinion).

3. murchy, I reckon it all depends on the shape and fit of the padding in your helmet and shape of your head.

I suggest you go over to http://headphones.com.au and ask there. They have a forum where you can ask and they seem to know a bit about what riders have found fit and not.

Personally I have been happy with Ety 6is but after about 2 years the wire has given out on once side so I'm trying some MC5s which are a bit bigger but seem to be OK on a quick test.. only arrived today so I've yet to ride with em in.

Cheers.