Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BP or diner

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Seany, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Meet at BP in St Kilda

10 vote(s)
  2. Meet at the taxi Diner in Nth Melb

11 vote(s)
  1. I've been away for a while and just checked on the mystery ride thread. I think those who ride need to decide what they want to do. Two rides is bound to get confusing when they meet, as well as create a division between groups which I think is not in the spirit of MR. That said, those who regularly attend should be the ones who decide where to meet up for the start so why not vote over the next few days and if more people what to meet at the diner then I'll edit the OP.

Personally I think enjoying the ride is more important than a beef with the cops and locals but it's been a while since I've attended so won't be voting. If I'm in Melboune on a Thursday night in future I'd bee happy to meet at either venue. :)
  2. 17 out of 100 odd riders is not nearly enough votes to be representative of the group so I'll just leave it. I believe another ride will also leave from the diner so people can take their pick. 2 rides may make each group more manageable anyway. :)
  3. m8 there are now two (2) MR's, one meets at the diner the other at the BP. Take your pick who you want to ride with. easy. done. kthxbai
  4. As the police have asked several times that we not congregate at the BP, and I believe in not creating waves in an already rough pond, let along adding to the already tarnished reputationof the Thursday Mystery Ride, I'll be obeying what the police have requested and meet at the diner.

I just can't see the point in pushing the envalope as far as the cops go..!!!

Time for a change to somewhere where we're actually welcomed..
  5. Let’s do the BP, screw the cops if they want to come the heavy.

All their talk of getting along with bike riders but the first sign is to come down and threaten us, no dialog no finding a solution to the problem, just threats.

It’s what they did when I was 18 and it turned me against them, I’m now 45 and in all those years the cops haven’t gotten any better.

When will they learn?
  6. i would vote but it says poll closed