Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Boys will be boys

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by blackjacket, Mar 3, 2008.

1. #1 blackjacket, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Hahahahha that was awsome.
  3. I used to be able to do this in my ald Datsun with twin webbers... I did it beside a mate who was driving with his window down and he reckons his ears were ringing for a week... still moans about it 10 years later...
  4. It's great for your motor too..
  5. Not to mention your exhaust system...

but it is a little bit funny...
  6. Lol, I used to do 'key-bangers' all the time in my old Celica back when I was young and foolish. (Now I'm old and foolish!)

And yeah, blew the baffles out of the muffler eventually.
  7. :rofl:

That was epic... where do you buy the kit?
  8. There is no kit, you just turn off the engine while holding the throttle open, when you switch it back on and it jump starts, the unburnt fuel that has been building in the muffler ignites and whooska...

for some reason it always seems to work better in vans than cars... never thought of trying it on a motorbike, but that is because I didn't start riding until I was already the picture of maturinty that I am now...

see https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50166&highlight=
  9. The nutters from Fast Bikes mag. Anyone know when all these guys left? I'm pretty sure most of them are professional racers and they're not the same guys that now make up Fast Bikes mag.
    There are some epic vids of these guys on youtube/livevideo etc. :)
  10. hahahaha the folks at the bus stop had the maddest reaction.
  11. My old Alfa with twin Webbers used to do the same on its own accord (typical dodgy Italian wiring). There was one instance involving a cyclist just past the local rifle club that was quite amusing, but the funniest was when it occurred outside a bank and a guy on the footpath did a big movie-style dive to face down on the footpath (made even funnier by the people standing around who did absolutely nothing).
  12. I also had a VN commodore on LPG not too long ago that would backfire through the intake and blow the airbox to pieces.

It turns out it was due to dodgy high tension leads to the spark plugs. Used to make a noise like a shotgun going off. You could never predict when it would happen. The best (worst) one was when I was running up the freeway out of Adelaide. I passed a cop with a laser on the side of the highway, got about 50 metres past him when, BANG! Must have thought he was getting shot at. Good thing there were a few cars around at the time and he had no way of telling which one made the noise.
  13. :rofl: :rofl:
    reminds me of younger days in my old HT
  14. my stupid VR on lpg has munched 2 airboxes now. tell me a fix!
  15. hahaha + 1 that was an awsome reaction.
  16. Replace your plug leads. Fixed it up, no problems for me!
  17. Thanx mate. Laughed heaps.
  18. 2:17!

19. Bet the pricks didn't do anything about that mirror they'd just destroyed though... :furious:
  20. what a cool video of Hornets riding around