Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

boys dont cry

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Phanoongy, Nov 12, 2006.

1. I would like to say I love the way netriders look out for each other there have been a few bad things happen in the years ive been a member of netrider (a few with myself involved) and I have always loved how people round here are all willing to do a bit and help out in any way they can
    I am having a slight problem getting back on the bike and going on a twisty ride after my last off BUT I have made so many friends threw this place I could never give that up and with time I will be happy to go on them rides again

Ps yes I am a little emotional and yes I did just get home from seeing lenna and she is in very good spirits *made my day*

My thoughts are with you Lenna and Tazman
  2. Mine too.
  3. I join you in being proud to belong to such a diverse, but caring and helpful community.... Connecting Riders...
  4. I haven't been around NR for that long, however, i think your words sum up a lot about those who participate and support others here. I too wish the best for Lenna and Mick. I also wish the best to all those who have and do help others. Yep my turn at being emotional.
  5. +1 to all of the above :)
  6. and a +1 from me too.

I still am yet to post a reply in the thread regarding Tazman.
    Everytime I open the thread I get all choked up, the tears begin to flow so much that I can't see the screen,
    and even if I could see, I am unable to process my thoughts into words.
    I will leave it til another day when I am better able to express myself.
    And now I'm all teary again.
  7. Add another +1 to all of the above.
    Been reading both threads & just cant come to a reply in either. Hell having a hard time with this as it is.

Am glad to see Lenna's post, that was great.

From Simone, Peter & boys, we wish both Lenna & Tazman all the best, dont rush the recovery process, slow & steady wins this race. To those who are there support, remember you also need support & we are all here, just yell out.

8. *hugs* :)

I also like the fact that I've got a bunch of people looking out for me. Riding in the city the other night after coffee was scary..(first day riding in city)...yet the fear was quelled when I realised they were looking out for me. Thanks all - esp. Stewy. You don't know how glad I was to see you!

P.S. If you feel like getting out for a ride one day Phanoongy, send me a pm. I could show you my 'little' twisties if you want to start small. (Cape Paterson/Inverloch rd- 8 kms...only one corner that scares the ! out of me).
  9. Thanks ;-) btw I totally agree with your signature, one of the reasons I still ride
  10. It's my motto on living. :)
  11. Hey Justin,
    I'm having the same problem as you.. trying to get back out there without being afraid of the bike. Maybe we should organize a pussy ride? :wink: :grin:

My thoughts are always on Lenna and Tazman at the moment and hoping all the best for them.
  12. That so begs a response :p

What's with this 'boys don't cry' crap anyway? Don't you know we're in the 21st century?
  13. +1

Boys don't cry but men do!
  14. yep was going to say that title is all wrong....... +1
  15. Now i agree with this
    what i would like to see is
    1 ride that the riders Actually STICK to the speed limit

dont get me wrong when the need be i do ride a tad(not saying) over

i Would go with anyone that would like a nice STEADY ride through the Yarra Ranges
    i would happily lead or tail

( i Do have an orange Vest for speacial rides
    so NO probs with seeing where i am )

a friendly sedate ride for those that are feeling a lil daunted at the moment
    week days are fine with me i can change things around to go for rides
    a nice quiet ride is
    Boronia to the basin to Mt Evelyn to Warburton
    Stop there for a break and drink at the water wheel
    head back to yarra junction
    then a Sedate ride across to Gembrook
    down to emerald
    at roundabout go to monbulk
    stop and have another break
    then back down to Belgrave to Boronia or split of any where you like to go home

If anyone would like to do this ride
    PM Me
    we can leave from Boronia Mc Donalds

Please Everone
    Never let ANYONE push you to ride any faster than you want Or feel comfortable with

Enjoy the ride and arrive home happy ,content within yourself
    and safe
  16. Well someone never helped their mum chop up the onions for dinner :shock: