Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bout to buy first bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by banjodog, Apr 8, 2007.

1. hey guys, im thinkin of buying a 1989 Kawasaki zxr250a, $3.5k, had a massive service, everything looks great. are they a good bike even for its age? thoughts?

2. Nothing wrong with old bikes, some or them are much faster and much more reliable then the newer ones.
  3. find out how many kms are on it, see if its had a rebuild, ask if the engine has been replaced before, and take it to a trustworthy mechanic to get it checked out.
  4. yeah its got about 40,000 k's on it. it has had a major service recently with all receipts. runs real good.
  5. Have you got something to compare it with? :)
  6. well my 2003 honda crf230r is real good and i'd say this runs better so i think i'll go with it. Now i got some other questions bout buying it. What do i need to get off the seller to make it all good (i.e. like for rego and ownership, insurence etc)???
  7. i dont know about where you live, but in qld for rego swap (ie changing ownership) its:
    valid RWC
    Transfer papers
    you pay a stampduty. (2% of value of bike ie $70)
    done deal.

Check your local transport depot website for details. Make absolute sure that when you hand over the money, every form has been filled _and_ signed by the previous owner, because its less of a hassle to do it once :D