Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bout time some speeding facts

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by tones, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Hey hiya, I found this link whilst looking for info on how speed limits are set. Thought it may be of interest!!!

Cheers

www.aussiemotorists.com

2. Some good things to read, as they say....revenue raising kills because people are focusing too much on the speedo and not the road.

3. Hey Dan, are you involved with this body? They're singing your song!!
    When have governments EVER introduced restrictions that were genuinely "for our own good"???

4. The 3 great lies of mankind

1) Of course I'll respect you in the morning
    2) The cheque's in the mail
    4) We're from the government and we're here to help you

5. Dont know what its like up in your neck of the woods boys but we have a new number plate logo down here . The Nanny State . Big brother has got nothing on nanny brakes .

6. Welll we've just got rid of Bob Carr, but I've no faith that anything will change, and given that Australian governments spend most of the time looking over each other's back fences for "ideas", I've no doubt that whatever hair-brained ideas you have down there will eventually be inflicted on us here. But you're right, you just gotta HATE the Nanny State!!!

7. Wow, that is one switched-on web site.
    Lots of things that I have been thinking about there and lots that we have been discussing here too.
    Perhaps we should provide a link from here to that site and make it recommended reading for all Netriders??