Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bout time I said hi

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Jomo, Sep 24, 2007.

1. G'day all,

My names James, I'm 17, 18 at the end of October, and I have a severe passion for motorbikes.

My mate owns an R1, and a cbr250rr.
    My neighbour owns a Harley softail, and his son a Hyosung GT250

I own a thumpstar and hopefully my own bike soon.

I've just spent $830 on gear so now im just waiting to get my bike.

I've booked my L's at RiderBros for October 26th and hopefully I will pass.

2. welcome to the forumsand a wealth of knowledge, don't be scared to ask questions no matter how stupid they might seem, soeone will try to tactfully answer the best they can, and mind some of the nonsense that gets dribbled from time to time :LOL:
  3. Welcome Jomo!

+1 on buying the gear before the bike :grin:
  4. Welcome aboard champ.. :grin:
  5. Cheers man- two main reasons behind it-

1) There were a few specials on around the place which made it stupid NOT to buy gear

2) I figured I should spend a bunch on gear first- rather than buy a bike and have no money left but ride it anyway.

<5 weeks til I get the permit and I can't wait :)

6. Smart and sensible.

good to see someone buy their gear first. welcome to the forum, hope you find it useful - I certainly have found plenty of interesting content to muse over.
  7. Cheers mate :)

Most of the people on here seem pretty fun and I'm looking forward to my first group ride with the Melbourne riders :)

Also another thing I'm celebrating my 18th with is a tattoo.

On of my friends has decided it's the perfect gift to get me - so I can't disappoint her :p

I'm planning to get a cbr600rr (in blue) with a pinup girl leaning over the bars - should be awesome :D
  8. G'day Jomo and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your Ls and finding a bike! You'll have to post a pic of your tatt when you get it, sounds pretty cool! :cool:
  9. Welcome. You'll see me riding around Vermont too.

Take it slow and ride safe
  10. If only to protect the tatt!

Welcome :grin:
  11. Welcome to the obsession, James :grin:
  12. Yay- passed my L's today- got 100% on the test.

A LOT easier than I expected it to be :p
  13. congrats, yeah the L's are nothing to stress over, but then again we haven't gotta go through everything you mexicans do :grin:
  14. Welcome Jomo

Congrats on your L's mate