Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Boulevard C50 Windshield

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by StringBean, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Hey Guys,

I am thinking about putting on a Memphis Shades Fats Motorcycle Windshield 21" High with 9" Cutout on my 2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50.

Just got a couple of questions before I purchase one.

Is the 9" Cutout correct for the 2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50? and...
    When it comes to the mounting hardware do I need the Memphis Shades Trigger Lock Fats/Slim Mount Kit and the Memphis Shades Lower Shields Mounting Hardware to prevent buffering?

I am thinking about importing all this from overseas so I want to make sure I get it right before I go ahead with the purchase.

Kind Regards,
  2. I don't know the answer but you could try volusiariders dot com.
  3. Hiya.

I have Memphis Shades shield on my C50. Yes, 9 inch is the correct cutout size. Also you will need the mounting hardware. The best way to figure out what you need is to go to cruisercustomizing.com , select your shield and the site will recommend the hardware for your bike. That's how I bought it. The installation instructions are clear, the procedure is straightforward.
    About lowers... I don't have them and my shield is 17'' Alley cat. After some adjusting you can live without lowers (but I wouldn't mind to have them)
  4. Thanks for your reply MHC. How did you measure it up to make sure you were getting the correct height of the windshield?
  5. I went for the small shield mate, no need to measure :). It takes the wind pressure off my chest and deflects some bugs off my face, but my head is still in the wind. I'm happy with this setup. Generally it's been said that the top of the shield must be just below your eyes level. I would agree. It will place whole your body into the air bubble behind the shield. If it is what you are after, of course.
  6. Hey Guys,

I'm kinda stuck on what to buy, back when I measured myself on the bike I got between 45 and 46cm which is about 17.71" to 18.11". I seriously considered the Nation Cycles 2-Up and then after reading some reviews about people having troubles with extreme buffetting and thinking that it would probably be to high I decided not to go ahead with that one, I have also looked at the chopped which I think might be too short. So then I went back to looking at Memphis Shades but after looking at this video I am having second thoughts on them as well.

So what do you guys think I should do?

Kind Regards,
  7. I'm happy with my 17'' without lowers. It never gives me full protection, but I don't need it. For long comfy rides you will need 19''-21'' with lowers. The buffeting is serious in the beginning, but you eventually will find the sweet spot of the shield angle. I like the quick release on my Memphis Shades shield too. It goes on and off in seconds.
  8. [​IMG]
    Tried to post a picture here...