Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Boulevard C50 Air Filter

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by StringBean, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Hi All,

Recently I went out and purchased a used 2007 model suzuki boulevard c50 and I am thinking about installing a new K&N Air Filter to it. One concern I have is that the pipes on the Suzi are stock but have been modified in some way (not drilled) which according to the dealer was done professionally. So my question is do you think that the K&N air filter will improve the performance of the bike or make it run like a dog? keeping in mind that the exhaust system has the O2 sensors installed. In that case I would probably need to buy a new computer for it, wouldn't I? Anyway let me know what you think.

Kind Regards,
  2. Nah she will run better, also better you get yourself a fuel mixer as it might pop a bit, I felt my boulevard run better with the k&n in it
  3. Whats a fuel mixer Goz?
  4. Computer mate to adjust your fuel and air mixture to suit your new addons
  5. Would I definitely need a new computer if I installed the K&N air filter? and how much should I expect to pay for one of those? and which one would you recommend?

As the bike stands at the moment with the modified exhaust system, I am already hearing some popping sounds while riding.

I don't plan to get new pipes just yet for it either.

Maybe I could get the new K&N air filter and see how the bike runs, then if need be get the computer.
  6. Ye mate do that, if you decide to get a computer, i can only recommend the cobra one as that's the 1 i had
  7. Plenty of fuel mixers, fuel modules etc out there....

Bazzaz, PowerCommander, TuneECU - Google will indeed be your friend....

Getting more air in and out of a motor is very rarely a bad thing.....that's essentially all they want to do....pump air.