Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bought yet another bike......a Honda CBR400RR

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by AznCruiser, Jan 3, 2012.

1. This time I bought a Honda CBR400RR (NC23) for a bargain at $1,500. This bike was originally advertised for $2.1k but for some reason no one bought it, it was then advertised for $1,800. Seeing as im not working ATM I really couldnt splash out any money and lucky for me the guy agreed to my price ..................

Another lucky coincidence was Trent (One) was able to check out the bike with me, so we met up at the sellers place (got a bit lost along the way)........checked out the bike and had a test ride....................

The bike has obviously been laid down at one stage...............but really looked to be just very slow/small lowsides with some small marks on the engine casing and radiator, nothing to worry about. Everything else was straight, connected properly, all electricals worked, started up the first time and sounded fantastic, it also rode fantastically from what ive been told................

The bike ran out of rego late November 2011 so still wont need a bluie..........and apart from being half naked (Tyga kit anyone?) seems to be a steal. Ill either rego this with a Tyga kit next year or just use it as a trackie.................

BTW where do CBR400 owners get parts from? I prefer cheap O/S stuff instead of getting ripped off by local stealers, oh I mean sellers :p.
    $%28KGrHqZHJDcE63Z%28mmt%28BO5cvreivQ%7E%7E60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqNHJC0E7Bcvg533BO5cwYJjhQ~~60_3.JPG

This Tyga fairing kit would look great, makes it look allot more modern.
    nc23rightfront1.

2. Mal,

I saw you and your bike on the trailer on the F3 and i wondered what it was.
    Looks good, so how many bikes do you own now?
    I was on the bike btw and i waved as i went passed.

Cheers Paul.

3. You bastard. I was still hoping to snatch that one.

4. What bike were you on? Suzuki by any chance?

I did see someone following me and passing me on the F3 on the bike.

Ive got 4 bikes now, the CBR is resting at Trents place coz ive got a small yard and already full of cars and bikes. Eventually ill try to get rid of my cruiser and the Aprilia........keep the zx6r as a road bike and the CBR as a road/track bike.

:p

Its a buyers market, for a running bike with just cosmetic stuff (no fairing) it was too good to pass up. The owner seemed to desperate and I wanted to try a 400 bike :).

5. Fair enough. It was only ever a vain hope anyway.

6. Yup I was on the the Suzi.

7. Nice buy mate, got an NC23 myself. I did get parts for mine from Vic motorcycle wreckers, now i'm looking at parts from UK or Japan off ebay or greybikes has a few links. Problem is the NC23 is getting harder to find parts for the engine being gear driven.

8. I tried to wave at ya but by the time you got up to my right hand window you were no longer looking........................I was like WTF, that snob lol, just joking :)...............

Damn thats not good news at all, hopefully this engine is OK and bullet proof.

9. Mal, you're to bikes like Amelda Marcos is to shoes!

10. What makes you think im not into shoes as well?...............maybe collecting is a filo thing lol.

Anyway, shes dodgy as so yeah maybe its a filo thing.............

11. AH it sounds nice the gear driven motor though i reckon the v4 sounds better still

12. It sounds nicer than my 636 IMO.............................smoother sounding. I cant wait to take her for a full on blat..............

The only closest other VFR in that same price range sold for $1.3k but that didnt have a running engine and REVS was saying that the engine/chassis/rego didnt match.................

Man these 400cc bikes sure are expensive (normally) compared with their 600cc counterparts........

13. #13 SNOWBIKES, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2016
    Hi all, I'm new to Netrider but I too have just purchased a CBR400RR NC23 and just wanted to know where is the best place to get these 400’s serviced and or tuned?

14. Hi all, I'm new to Netrider but I too have just purchased a CBR400RR NC23 and just wanted to know where is the best place to get these 400’s serviced and or tuned?

15. Hi all, I'm new to Netrider but I too have just purchased a CBR400RR NC23 and just wanted to know where is the best place to get these 400’s serviced and or tuned?