Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bought my first real bike!! A Suzuki SV650

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by frecklz, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Just a little post to say congrats to me. ;)

See you on the road kids - and this time I actually might keep up on the next Black Spur run. :p

Woohoo!!

~frecklz~

2. Congrats! But get some pics up quick smart or I'll get angry :p

3. ...AND I had to ride it in the rain from Laverton to my home - yuck! Needless to say I was very soggy when I got home this arvo, but somehow it just didn't matter. ;)

*Merry Christmas to meeeeeeeee*

4. Nice one... I'm piggy-backing your thread because I picked up my Suzuki DL650 V Strom which I believe uses the same engine :)

http://aamu.smugmug.com/gallery/4027415

You need to upload some pics frecklz!

Happy days! :)

5. Geez you guys are quick!! I'll hafta get the camera out in the rain to get you a pic - I've only had it for 2 hours! :p

6. The DL does have a nice dash :) And I like that 110 is 12 oclock :)

7. Congrats frecklz!!

You got an AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING bike!!

Just like mine...heheh :p

You'll love it I'm sure. I'm moving to Melbourne in less than 2 months - we must go on a ride together!

-G-

8. Congrats Frecklz!

Treat the right handle bar with respect and the bike will look after you.

Happy and safe riding :)

9. CONGRATS !! frecklz :dance:

If you know what's good for ya .. grab a raincoat and start 'snapping'

You really don't wanna see phizog angry ,, not a pretty sight :p

10. Damn straight!

Strangely though, my angry face is exactly the same as my calm face, albeit one eyebrow is raised.. :rofl:

11. Congratulations Frecklz. Now we wont leave you behind. :oops:

A 2006, so not new then? Not that it matters, you're going to love it. :grin:

12. congrats mate! welcome to SV ownership.

dont let ktulu see a thread without pics, i made that mistake, and im pretty sure he sent an assasin out to kill me or something. i had to fix it quick smart.

13. Congrats on buying the best bike ever :p

* i'm biased :)

14. PICTURE!!!!!

aV3crC3S.

15. Thanks for all the gratz. ;)

Now I just need to find and buy a lower seat and a new exhaust - in that order.

*happy cabbage dance*

16. Suzuki OEM lowered seat isn't overly expensive, and works well. In fact, I find it more comfortable than the stock one too.

17. Where did you find it? I'm not having much luck googling or on ebay...

18. I bought mine from a Suzuki dealer (but he's closed up shop now). I can't remember how much it was, but I don't remember it being overly expensive. I was also considering getting my stock seat redone at the time, and the off-the-shelf lowered option won.

Here some photos:

http://fookseung.fotki.com/automotive-1/sv650/lowered-suzuki-sv65/

Doesn't look much different to the stock seat, but makes a surprising difference.

19. Hoohoo a pic... crisis averted ;)

V. noice. Blue works well on the SV's.

What year model?

20. Also, have you considered getting oggy knobs (or similar)? Can save a lot of heartache (and $$$) if you accidentally drop it...