Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bought my first bike!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by knight76, Dec 30, 2008.

1. I have been looking at some bikes and especially GS500f's.

Yesterday I drove down to Wollongong to have a look at a bike and decided to buy it. Put a deposit down on it and will be picking it up in the next few days.

bs5089884913361283942.

The bike has only done 10,000km and has service history documented in the service manual. Already has the 12,000km service done and has new rear tyre due to puncture. The bike looks brand new basically. Also, the rego runs out at the end of January and he is putting 12 months more on it for me.

Also, since my entire riding experience consists of the Pre learners he is riding it up to Horsnby for me where I can then ride it home from there. I am not too keen to ride it from Wollongong, through western Sydney to Hornsby. In a car no problem, but not for my first ever really ride having never ridden a gs500 before.

2. Probably a good idea, then you can get used to it on your own 'turf', so to speak. A nice, forgiving bike, and a good choice, enjoy.

3. grats on the bike

it looks nearly new :)

+1 for not riding a long way on your first trip too

4. congrats mate, and to keep it new, put some crash knobs (oggy) on it

5. Nice bike; have fun on it.

6. Just don't drop it then you'll never have a need for the knobs :p

7.  Top
  8. Lams is all about power to weight and the gs500f is the exact same bike as the regular GS500 but with fairing pretty much. Cant see that they would have an issue!

Is this correct?

Also, interesting that they have the GSX400E and F on there.

9. Pretty much. The faired GS 500s are on the ACT LAMS list at any rate. I've ridden my brothers one, peg position felt weird to me but still a zippy little bike. Of course, Suzuki go and release another LAMS bike, GSX650F. Bastards :evil:

10. nice bike there, looks sweet :grin:

I was told, that to fit knobs to the GS500F you need to cut the fairings... kinda defeats the purpose... Anyone shed some more light on this?

11. Yeah, the knobs attach to the frame so you need to drill a few holes in the fairing to be able to secure the knobs.

12.  Top
  13. Congrats on the new bike. I had the same GS500F as my first bike and it is LAMS approved. The test is easy with this bike (if you haven't done it yet). You will enjoy riding it.

Cheers!
    Andras

14. Awesome looking bike. Have fun!

15. How much did you pay for her?

16. Excellent choice get out there and enjoy yourself.

Always remember the blue ones are always faster. :LOL: