Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bought my first bike ZZR250

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by v-petn, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I just bought my first bike!!! It's a 1999 model ZZR250... I know it's only 250cc but I'm still quite over the moon. I haven't got my licence yet... I should have it by mid next month...

Bike was advertised for $3300 with 1 month rego left and slight comestic damage to the left side. The left hand mirror is cracked and the clutch lever is broken. Apparently I've been told its about $20 for each part to be replaced. If anyone can recommend a place for me to buy these parts from that would be great.

I'm hopeless at haggling so I brought my friend who's a mechanic and he checked the bike thorough and gave it the thumbs up... We knocked the price down to $2500... It's only got 39,000kms on it... I think i got a great deal seeing that they go for $4000 to $5000... If anyone has a place where I can upload the pics I can show you guys what it looks like...

2. Sounds like a good deal.

You can upload pix straight onto the forum mate.

Check the "add image to post" link when you make a post.
  3. Nice looking bike mate!
    Congrats :)
  4. Awesome bike.... sounds like a good deal to me...

Welcome to the ZZR new owner/riders club!!
  5. i remember that add. good buy
  6. thanks guys... it's so dauting though... Just turned it on and tried 1st gear in the front yard... i don't dare take it on the road til I get my licence..
  7. Pretty red!

You know they go 10% faster :eek:

Welcome to twofiddy zzr club. Great bikes to learn on. Easy to ride, reliable and no worries maintenance.

Had mine for about 4 months now and enjoy every minute of it (tho I can't wait till I upgrade :grin: ).
  8. #8 Zealt, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    I heard its because red reflects the light in a way that reduces the lights impact on the weight of the bike therefore red paint makes the bike lighter.

Its true.. Here's a more in depth explanation