Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bought Garmin Zumo 550, is awesome!

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by redviffer, Sep 8, 2007.

1. I just bought a Garmin Zumo 550 for my Honda VFR800. It is definetely one of the coolest bits of technology i've ever owned. It came in the box ready to go with Australias maps preloaded and with not only a protective case but two types of mounts for the bike and a bike cradle to mount it in but also a cradle for teh car and two ways of mounting it in the car!

So essentially i got a GPS for both in the one purchase.
    The screen is bright and easy to read, the map details are accurate and its easy to use whilst on a ride.

You can record your ride and have it played back on google earth telling you exactly what speed, elevation and position you were in every 30 seconds or 100m if you want it to.

Last but not least you can plot the ride on a computer and download it into the GPS and off you go. It will tell you exactly how many kilometres the trip is and how long it should take following the speed limit.
    Also you can identify the locations of hotels, fuel stops and restaurants etc while you are planning the route which is especially handy for planning fuel ranges on the map.

It was easy to setup even for non mechanical people like me and i highly recommend it to anyone looking for a GPS for their bike. I bought it at www.gpsoz.com.au and it took about 3 days to get to me in Canberra and no this isn't an advert for them, i just love the product so much i felt compelled to rave on about it :)

2. Would like to post a photo or two of it on your bike, and with a typical map display to illustrate it?

Also, what do these Zumos cost? Tom Tom Riders are selling for around $900, I understand. Dunno whether that is the V1 or V2 TTR, though.
  3. Here are some pics of it: