Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bought first bike!!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by ~DadAgain~, May 18, 2008.

1. WB2803314776.

Havent paid for or picked it up yet - but I've put down a deposit and promised to buy!

Now... 2 things left to do:

1) Get some money from the bank to pay for it
    2) Get a licence so I can actually ride it!!! (Q-riding next Sunday!)...

Very exciting.... :LOL: :grin:

2. Welcome fellow kwaka rider. My KLE500 is my first bike as well. Dontcha love the feeling :grin:

3. WOO HOOO Congratulations, Dad!! You'll have no trouble keeping up with me on a ride!!!

Good Luck with the Q RIDE!

4. Yep i started out on one of them, great bike and good commuter....you will have a ball on that thing :)

5. For peg scraping results, when you need to replace the tires get some pirelli sports daemons. They made a world of difference to my gpx250

6. ..and 'peg scraping' is something to aspire to is it? :? :eek:

7. I would say the pegs are the limits of the bike. Go any further and your exhaust will lift the back wheel of the road and you get personal with the tar.

Riding within limits is smart and safe, but being able to do that little bit more might just save you one day.

You're only just starting out so dont worry about peg scraping just yet. Just read lots of threads on here, like the ones that explain how pushing on the handle bars leans the bike.

When you are decent with basic riding and comfortable at riding at signposted speeds go on as many group rides as you can. Best way to learn, get advice and meet some great people!