Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bought a new bike today?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by doonx, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Needs more chrome...
  2. what would you call the bike version then?? "Harlot"

some people have too much time. first to make silly ads like that and second is people who know where to find em on the net.

not that i mend laughing mind you.
  3. Stocker McGurk, the famous American tuner, used to say, "If it don't go, chrome it!"
    Obviously the perpetrator of this effort subsribed to the McGurk dictum!!!
    Wouldn't you just hate to PARK it anywhere?
  4. Particularly anywhere sunny.
  5. i love it, reckon its wiked !!!

Can't wait to ride it to coffee at south bank :D
  6. It just needs neons now to finish it off.
  7. It'll never happen :LOL:
  8. and lasers :facepalm:
  9. Tyres aren't chromed. Would make the ride MUCH more interesting :shock:
  10. never mind the fuel cost, the polish would break the bank!!
    but it would be perfect for the sunny days on citylink, the cameras would just get a flare :D
  11. Dan, love the car clip :D
  12. Yes and you'd get a lovely tan where the light comes through the visor.
  13. Well, its new to me at least. I traded the GS500E against a 2004 Triumph Sprint ST in Bikebiz in Paramatta. You can see it here:

I test rode that and a blackbird. They wouldn't budge on the price of the blackbird, and I felt it was far less comfortable than the ST. The decision was made for me when the bike started and I heard the tripple tick over. Sold! I got next to feck all for the GS500E and I am still smarting a bit from the bullshit list they presented to me as reasons for me to accept no money for the trade in, but they came down on the price a bit on the ST and threw in a full service, and got a good deal on 2 new Shoei XR-1000 lids for me and the missus so I guess its swings and roundabouts. I collect the post serviced bike on Wednesday and then start to have some serious fun.
  14. Congrats dude ,look great.
  15. mate, they are a seriously nice smooth bike to ride. i had for about 18months. great sport tourer.
  16. did you ride the bird? i'd be interested ina comparison...
  17. Yeah, it was a lovely bike to ride. As a result of reading reviews and technical specifications, I had my mind set on a blackbird until I rode the ST immediately after it. The blackbird has lots of very smooth power, but it is a reach to the handle bars. I am 6' 4" and I could feel wrist sorness potential even on the short ride. I'm sure bar risers would sort that out. The ST is a lot more fun, and has a lot of character. It has loads of torque especially around the midrange, and has a very smooth delivery of that power as well. The tripple sounds unreal IMO and sounds a little less smooth (relatively speaking), but is all the better for it. The seating position was perfect for me and it was $1000 cheaper than a blackbird of the same year. Personally I found that the blackbird was a little too refined and soulless when compared with the Triumph. To draw a Star Wars analogy, you could compare the blackbird and the ST to Luke Skywalker and Han Solo respectively, and I was always more of a Han fan. Never base your bike buying decision on paper. Get your arse on the seat and have a hoon. The proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say.
  18. Character over the mob mentality any day of the week... good choice.