Hey everyone, I've been having a dilemma with a second hand 1991 Honda CBR250RR I bought 2 months ago from a dealership named "L and P Motorcycles" based in Hornsby. Long story short I bought a bike, it's been unridable since I purchased it and the shop won't fix it unless I pay them $70/hr to look at it. I realize on my receipt from the dealership it says they offer no warranty on bikes over 5 years or 30,000km old but since it's been playing up since day 1 and the bike was not in the condition described I may have a case. I have a log of all the incidents the bike has had since purchased. Here is the full story (scroll to bottom for conclusion). On 2/5/2011 I bought a 1991 Honda CBR250RR with 46,XXXkm. They told me they had completely a minor service prior to selling it to me and that this was one of the best CBRs mechanically they had seen (although it physically had a few cracks/scratches, etc). Riding it home, 20 minutes from the dealership the engine cut out when I tried to take off from the lights. Leaving me stuck in the centre lane of traffic during peak hour (very dangerous), I could not start the bike again so I pushed it off to a side street. It seemed that the battery did not have enough juice left to start the bike, so I called up the shop and they came, recharged the battery and the bike started again. I rode on for another 20 minutes and the engine cut out yet again on Pennant Hills rd when I tried taking off the lights, forcing me to push it across lanes of traffic at peak hour onto a side street (obviously putting me at serious risk). Called up the shop and they came back (after about an hour). They decided at the time that the battery was faulty and took the bike back to the shop to replace it. The bike was delivered to my residence 2 days later (Wednesday) after the battery had been replaced. I then rode the bike to work on Chatswood and the engine cut out on Epping Rd, taking off the lights. I pushed the bike over to the side of the road and tried to start it again; after 5 minutes it came back to life. I continued riding and at the Pacific Highway intersection at Chatswood the engine cut out and would not start again. I had to push it over to the side of the road and attempt for 20 minutes to have it start. I eventually got it to start and got to work (although very late now). Tried starting the bike on Friday morning (it was very cold) and it would not start at all; even after playing with the choke, idle speed, throttle, etc. Started it up on Monday and rode for about 5 minutes before I noticed it losing power. Pulled it over to a side street and the engine cut out again. We tried rolling starting it; the engine started but would not hold idle speed so it cut out again. Guys from the bike shop came and picked it up that night to look at it again. They returned it on Tuesday night stating that the vacuum pump had a leak in it which was causing the bike to run sloppily after it heated up. Over the next few weeks it was rideable but there were several occasions where the power cut out while riding leaving me having to roll over to the side of the road. I will admit this was very scary when it happened, as I had been on a few main roads (Victoria Rd, Epping Rd and Lane Cove rd) in high traffic times and this occurance had put me in serious danger. Also after the bike had been ridden for 30 minutes the idle speed would be much too high and would not lower. I returned the bike to the shop and they held on to it for 2 weeks and apparently test rode it to try replicate the engine cutting out or high idle speed but they could find no fault with it. I took it back from them and had my friend who has little motorbike knowledge to look at it. After I rode it to his place the engine would not start at all. He pulled it apart and replaced the spark plugs but could not find what was wrong with it. He didn't open the carbies however as they were stuck on very tight. I took the bike back to the dealership yesterday to ask them kindly to have a look at it. All I wanted in the end was a working motorbike so I could commute around. They refused to look at it anymore and told me that I would have to pay them $70/hr to look at the bike and that there was no warranty with the bike (which is stated on the receipt). Now I'm left with a bike that won't start no matter what I try, I could take it to another dealership and pay them to fix it but I don't want to have to outlay money for a problem that should have been fixed by the original dealership I bought it from. It was clear from the beginning that the bike was not in the "excellent mechanical condition" as the dealership described and it has put me in several situations where I have been in serious danger after the engine has cut out on main roads. What are my options?