Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bosnian motorcycle?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by fekkinell, Sep 20, 2009.

1. This is a term that refers to a car with a single headlight.

It keeps popping up and it's annoying me because I can't find an explanation for it.

I'm guessing it's some kind of militant trick to make you think it's just a bike, but it's actually a much larger vehicle full of angry people tooled up to hurt you.

Does anybody actually know?
  2. Is Ringwood that rough now ??
  3. It's always odd what you notice when you go to a new country; when I arrived down under two things stuck out for me:
    (i) the unbelievably slow escalators
    (ii) the amount of cars with only one working headlight

What is up with the cage thing? I don't ever remember seeing a car with one working headlight before going to Australia, yet here they're all over the place. And don't get me started on those escalators...
  4. There are several 'themes' for ongoing jokes aimed at various subgroups from the former Yugoslavia - some of them self-deprecating, others (used to be at least) in good natured jest, like between kiwis and aussies.

A 'bosnian motorbike' as described fits that pretty well, so I'm guessing people of ex- or current yugo background are responsible for it!
  5. They used to go faster, but it was found to be unsafe so they installed speed cameras.
  6. In winter when it's dark in the morning i see the same cars most days with only 1 working headlight for months on end, i now know not to nod to them