Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by geeth, Jun 24, 2009.

1. I finally have my payout figure from my insurance and have started looking around at another pair of boots as I don't feel confident in my current once as there's alot of ankle movement.

The boots I am looking at are the sidi b2's though I am a little interested in the alpinestars gp3s gortex, as anyone had much experience with these? I am mainly interested in how good they are in the rain but also if they are still good in summer.
  2. geeth +1 for the Sidi B2's Glad I spent the extra $$$$

Dont know about the Alpines but seeing as no one has said anything go with the first option ;)
  3. Not sure what the Sidi B2's are, but I've got the Sidi Vertigo Corsa's and totally recommend them. I bought these after breaking my heel in a motorbike accident. Wanted the best protection. These boots pretty much are the best - and I got to feel them doing their job when I came off doing 70kph...could feel the boot flexing and protecting during my slide/roll/somersaulting.
  4. Well I got the B2's.
    They are nice and tight, Went a half size down to my normal shoe but it's not to bad.

Though I am now wondering if dubin is fine for leather boots as a waterproofing agent and softening agent.

A little unrelated - Also ordered a Xr1000 from the helmet warehouse, at least now I will have a helmet that fits right and not loose like my old one.
  5. that helmetwarehouse site seems like a good place to buy my next helmet
  6. +1 for the Sidi Vertigos. I think the Corsas just have more adjustment options than the Vertigos, which you'll only need if the Vertigo boot doesn't fit you properly (they fitted me like a glove). You get a whole lot more boot with the Vertigos for the extra $80 over the B2s - IMO (brother has B2s).
  7. i agree i bought the vertigos and love them.

i actually bought alpinestar smx-r tried them in the shop they felt ok, took them home and they didnt fit so the shop allowed me to return them and i got the sidi's and i havnt looked back since.
    the boys at sydneycitymotorcycles are great even thought they really didnt have to let me swap them.
  8. I've got the Alpines SMX-5 and was wondering how long it takes to break them in so I get good movement out of them... They're massively stiff.