Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Boots - which brands are wider?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by V4bloke, May 7, 2009.

1. I'm looking for some road boots but all the european brands are very narrow, and I have a big BROAD foot! Does anyone else have this problem?!!

Does anyone know if any brands make sizes in different widths as well as lengths (like they do in normal shoes) or any brands which are typically a little wider than others?

I have a typical euro brand at the moment but my foot gets very scrunched up in them and they are very uncomfortable to wear for very long.

Any help appreciated :)

2. after trying on a couple of brands (though not admittedly many), i've found alpinestars to be consistently broader than others. what kind of boot are you looking for?

remember, after a bit of wear, they will stretch in breadth a small amount. not much though.
  3. Depending on the type of boot you're after, I've found that DriRider and Rossi boots are a little broader than the Euro brands.
  4. I have a decently broad foot, and Alpinestars got my foot. Comfy as.

My GF also has wide feet, and she ended up in DriRider boots.
  5. Thanks for the info guys :) Just after a standard road/touring boot so hopefully one of those brands will fit my big hoof. Will give them a try!
  6. With normal shoes, I usually have to search for the wider ones. With riding boots, I had a pair of Gaerne which fit well (maybe a little on the wide side) and the A* SMX-4 I have now are great (much more comfortable than the Gaerne boots I had). They're not tight and not loose - perfect for me. Try some on and see for yourself.
  7. +1 Rossi are a broad boot and the most comfortable.
  8. thats what it was! Gaerne and Sidi were the other two brands i tried, found both to be too narrow, A* fitted perfectly :)

go try some on, let us know how you go..
  9. I purchased some TCX Infinity boots about a month ago and am loving them to bits.

I've got a very wide size 14 foot and they fit better than any other boot i could find.

Anything else large enough for width was too roomy in the ankle area so that my heel would float about in a vast cavern. the TCX was brilliant because of the adjustable clip/strap arrangement.

(TCX = Oxtar)
  10. I too have a very wide foot ( you know what they say about guys with big feet ----------- they need big socks :) ) - and have recently bought a pair of Rjays Urban Boot ( size 46 ) and they are excellent for width.

Very comfy and non-restrictive as they are not a full length boot ( ie cover calves )

I paid $170.