Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Boots wearing ethics

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by nelda, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Inside trouser

2. Outside trouser

0 vote(s)
  1. I'm confused on whether to wear the boots outside my trousers or inside and I want to know the consensus on this matter.

2. I am an inside person.. Pants over boots for me.. :grin:
  3. Having your boots on the outside is as wrong as wearing your undies over your slacks. Think about it.
  4. It depends..

Draggins - Boots inside.
    Leathers - Boots outside (they don't fit inside the leathers).

..and what's wrong with wearing your jocks on the outside anyway? :p
  5. Not so fast....

From what I can gather (from all the pics) is that you wear the boots inside if you wear jeans etc but outside if you wear track suits...
  6. The clutch slave cylinder on my Ducati has a bleed nipple in exactly the right spot to catch the hem of my jeans when I pull up to a stop, if I have them outside my boots, leading to an embarassing drop of the bike as I can't put my foot down until after I unhook my jeans.

It hasn't happened to me (almost) but it has happened to other Multistrada owners.

I take the safe way. Jeans inside boots. It looks a little silly, but it is better than dropping the bike. :oops:
  7. Hard/When I find it too cold riding I tuck them in.

However I like the cold, and I never ride hard.. so they stay out :wink:
  8. Leathers go in the boot, everything else out. Having jeans bunched up inside the boots is bloody uncomfortable.
  9. With my old boots pants stayed out (leathers wouldn't have fit in there anyway). The shin armour on my current boots however means pants inside the boot is the only option - otherwise I end up slowly pulling my pants down everytime I downshift or brake :LOL:.
  10. There are only 2 real rules:

1. if it is raining, put your waterproof trousers outside your boots so the boots dont fill with water

2. If you have your pants on the outside, be careful not to hook them on a footpeg or anything else when you put your feet down to the ground..

as for the rest of the time, do whatever the hell you want

I mean seriously, look at the most famous and demanding motorcycling:
    Grand Prix.
    Most riders tuck their leathers in, including Mick Doohan and Casey Stoner.
    Rossi has won 7 world championships with his leathers out over the boots.
  11. ...ditto

its the only way :wink:
  12. I never noticed that! Thanks for that interesting little fact.
  13. Being safety consious I always staple my trousers to my thongs when doing track days to avoid "ride up" in a crash.

Of course I wear leather thongs on the track abd only rubber on the road.

Anyway it is not a problem when you mostly wear shorts.
  14. Inside then you can look like a powerranger :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :shock:
  15. ditto to anothermacca and smitty
  16. Ok...your into rubber and leather... but what do you wear on your feet? :rofl: :rofl:
  17. I only wear boots if im going hard or riding long distances. Draggins inside boots. I feel it would keep them from being torn up in a crash and would protect you more
  18. KISS wore their boots on the outside too. If Emerson, Lake and Palmer wore theirs on the outside too, then maybe they would still sell out arenas world wide today.

I wonder how E.L.P would have felt playing to an empty stadium when they filmed Fanfare for The Common Man.

The Pup (yes, still alive and kickin')
  19. When its raining, on the inside; when wearing my track pants, on the outside; when wearing my A* bat pants, on the inside because the cuff of the leg is too big for it to comfortably fit into the boot...