Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Boots boots boots Boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Chlowen, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Hey all,

Looking to upgrade my Rossi riding boots (Not Valentino Rossi). Have about $300 to $350 to spend. I ride to work when I can, and ride on weekends also. I don't do track days. I am looking at the Alpine stars gp3 or any other boot anyone can suggest.

Regards

Paul.

2. I have the SMX-4's which you should be able to get in that price range and they're fantastic.

Very comfortable considering they're a full length almost "race boot" with plenty of protection and plenty of ventilation whilst also being 99% water proof.

But, best advice, go down to a store and try on a whole heap of them and choose which ones most comfy for you.

3. I also just recently purchased the Alpinstars SMX-4 Boots, I love them, they fit really well, are very comfortable to wear, even when just walking around in.

They cost me $319 at Peter Stevens in Dandenong, heres a pic of them below:

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. I'll recommend the SMX-4's too. Mine are the goretex version. I've had mine for 3 years now. They've taken 3 spills and they're still going strong!

5. I use Dririder boots (I think Nordic). They don't have all the bullshit hanging off them, are water proof, last exactly 2 years of 5-6 days a week riding and only cost about $140.

I'm on my third pair because the next step up is much dearer.

Save yourself some money.

6. Boots SMX-R

I'm very happy with my A-Stars SMX-R...

Had some Gaerne boots (wet weathers) - they were OK with insoles put in em,

But the A-Stars were fantastic off the shelf... and in your price range

7. There's a big price difference between Dandenong and the city store by the sounds of it. I was surprised to see those boots ticketed at $400+ at the Elizabeth St store.

8. Ewwwwww thats horribal, I got a good buy then!!

9. +1, I love my DriRider Nordics :) :).

10. I've got the Dririder Nordics too...and it's survived torrential rain. However, the right boot developed cracks in the leather after 3 months....I only use them for commuting to work - walking from my front door, hop on, hop off, walk to the office....I don't run in them, or even walk. Haven't spilled anything on them either....

Has anyone else had this problem? Sorry for the thread hijack. I've found threads where waterproofness seems to be the main problem with the Nordics. I tried to take them back to BikeBiz but they wouldn't exchange or refund without the rep's approval and kept insisting that even if they exchanged, the next pair would have the same problem being an 'entry-level' boot. That's the last they see of me as a customer...now I know why people buy o/s.

11. Gaerne G-Flow - very lightweight and comfortable

Waterproof works real well