Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Boots - Alpinestars or Sidi?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by alleyway, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Just wondering whether Alpinestars or Sidi boots are better generally speaking (in terms of comfort, durability etc)? :?

2. I cant say which is better, i can say that Alpinestar and Sidi have very different shape/fitting... i have alpinestar smx-4 and think there great, in fact ive been wearing them all day in the office! but the sidi's just didnt fit the shape of my foot.

Both look like quality boots, but try them on and see what fits best..

My n00bie $0.02 worth.....

3. Have a pair of Alpinestar goretex for road use, and a pair of SIDi discoveries for touring other countries and longer rides.

Both are comfortable if you buy them after trying them on first and making sure that you get the right size.

The SIDI's took more of a break in.

4. Got a pair of Sidi cycling shoes and Sidi Vertigo Corsa's. Great quality gear, but have also heard good things about A*. I say go with which ever is more comfortable that offers a level of protection you are happy with.

5. they are both top quality boots.get the ones you like the best.

6. thanks guys. was thinking about buying online but guess it's probably a good idea to pop down to my local to give em a try first!

thanks for the tips
    :)