Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Boot recommendations

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by elefunksoup, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hi all, wondering if anyone can recommend some good boots for women. For basic road use. I'm especially interested in ones with lots of grip!

Also, I remember reading in a post on this forum about some women's boots with thicker soles for short women. I'm not short, but I just reach the ground on my bike. Anyone remember the brand?

Thanks

2. What sorta price range? Rave reviews for my boots, but they cost an arm and a leg (and are racing boots).

And how much do you care about being able to walk "normally" in them?

3. OK, up to $250. Would need to be able to walk a bit but not be on my feet all day. Cheers.

4. My wife wears Falco Zoon women's boots. She tells me they are very comfortable and they are waterproof. Priced around $180 if memory serves.

We both wear sport touring style boots as they are comfortable, have plenty of protection, are waterproof and generally are very well priced even for big name brands.

5. Daytona (Germany) make 'high stand' motorcycling boots for women.
    See here http://www.daytona.de/index.php?page=857
    These are boots of the highest quality and choc full of features and will be somewhat out of your price range. You can mimimise the damage by fishing around on German ebay.
    See my review of my Daytona touring boots which I will update when we get some rain.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm wearing Berik GPX. They are men's boots but I needed to get a wider ankle due to a leg injury to allow for swelling. They're great boots. Comfortable and waterproof. There are some really nice women's boots out there. You need to try everything on and go with what feels good to you.

7. mmmm nice big legs

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the heads up. Read up on these and was very impressed - especially with the extra height they give. Found a second hand pair on German e-bay which will hopefully soon be on my feet. :) :) :)

9. .... I wear Sidi's (b2) and find them very comfortable...:). I haven't had any problems with them slipping, even in the wet.