Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Books for Beginners

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by dazza139, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Can anyone recommend some good reading material for a novice rider?

I have seen one called "Proficient Motorcycling" by David Hahn which looks quite good but is an American-based book. Ideally a book from a country where they drive on the right side of the road would be good :grin:

Any suggestions?
  2. Twist of the wrist 2. Bought it on Tuesday and have learnt a few things already.
  3. I know a great one, best seller, a must read for any new rider.
    As a courtesy, I'll give you a link that you can read it online for free!!!
    Click Here but lets keep it between us :wink:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    Happy and safe riding my friend!!!

4. both his books are well worth reading, even if he does ride on the wrong side of the road.

he also writes for these guys

5. uhhhhh.....Americans DO drive on the right side of the road, were on the left :p

Umm if memory serves me riiiiight...the above link to the articles features an article about new bikes or what to look for etc (something along those lines) with a whole list of recommended books :)
  6. I read "The Complete Motorcycle Book" months before my L's course. Pretty good read. Its an American book (got it off ebay) but has the same principals. ie "What is countersteering? Why do we do it?" etc.