Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Booked in for my pre-learners...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Marc, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Yes, I finally did. I've been planning to get this sorted as soon as my exams were over (second week of September) but the wait was too long then so I mulled over a little and guess what, the wait is even longer now! I've decided to do it on weekdays so that I don't have to wait till 2008.

I'm a total n00b but I've driven a manual car and did so till about 4 years ago. Hope that is going to help a bit.

Other than that, as they say the course is aimed at people without prior experience, I'll just try to stay calm and in control. :dance:

Back to canvassing a suitable first bike...
  2. Good luck.

I did the course with 20 minutes manual car driving, so you'll be sweet. Just stay calm and its a breeze.
  3. Thanks mate,

I've just watched the first time rider's video on livevideo so I am ahead of the pack ;-)
  4. I did my L's last fotnight. They had a very step by step approach, gradually working their way up from mounting the bike, to riding around in first and second gear. Driving a manual will definately give you a good head start.

Good luck with it. You know you can check availability of bookings at other Sydney venues yea ? I did L's at Rouse Hill and P's at Clyde since Rouse hills was booked out way into october.
  5. Good luck :) it's a lot of fun and requires no experience at all.

I booked mine in Wollongong (Unanderra RTA) which let me go the week after I booked, you can look around and change your booking if you want to find somewhere to do it sooner :) Only 1/1.5 hour drive from Sydney and easy to get to.
  6. I'll be doing mine at Clyde as it is really convenient to get to. It's on the 29th & 30th of October so I figure I could wait...I may look around for the sake of it though.

Haha, I think that is doable;-) How is the new Honda going? I've been reading the thread.

Thanks guys, it will be a good day:)
  7. it's awesome, booked in for 1000km service tomorrow (how time flies) so no riding to work :(
  8. Link?
  9. I did mine at clyde, those guys are great, hardly a test at all, more like jolly training. Just keep calm and you should be fine, i passed w/o ever having ridden a bike.
  10. That's awesome mate...BTW, I'm in Lidcombe...practically walking distance to Berala.

Good to have a potential riding buddy nearby :grin:
  11. 1st time video

what is interesting about that vid on the 1st time you ride a motorcycle is that the guy obviously has the camera on his head... so he inadvertantly also shows a first timer what it means when you should 'look where you want to go' later in the video when he gets a bit more power on the throttle.. he looks away from the bikes intruments.... interesting...