Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Booked In For First Trackday Ec 21st Dec

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Pucko, Nov 18, 2012.

1. I'll be in slow group being my first time. I'm in no way a fast rider, just going to have a bit of fun and hopefully learn something along the way. Anyone else going on this day?

2. Yep - I'll be there - so come and say hi. Hope you have a great day. And no, I'm not the "hot chick" on the 848 - I'm way too old and how can anyone feel hot with helmet hair anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. When I started I stayed in white group for 3 or 4 track days before moving up, it was the best decision I ever made...

Go at your pace and own comfort level and you,ll be fine. If it helps read the tutorial at the top and get ready to take on an addiction.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ok cool Rose, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Thanks for the advice Respi , definitely just be going at my pace. I want to get the bike and myself home in one piece. And your right, I think I'm going to be hooked on it.

5. Had an awesome day yesterday. First session I was passed by probably most of the group(lol); but I didn't care. Just wanted to ease into it and not bin it. By the 3rd and 4th session I felt I was a lot smoother and quicker through the corners. I've got a whole lot more to learn, like getting consistent with braking points, following a good line, etc,etc. It was so much fun and ill be back for more. If u haven't done it, you have to try it. Being my road bike(and only bike at that) I didn't push as hard as I would've liked for fear of binning it. Which happened quite a bit, the worst one was a guy who was sharing the garage I was in came off his r1 at turn 1 which is an extremely fast corner. He was quite ok, I was told, but I seen his bike afterwards and it was pretty much scrap metal. I really felt sorry for him.
    Overall, it was a top day and now I just need to convince the wife that I need a track bike.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yep - you definitely need commitment at turn one...

Glad you had such a great day mate - there really is nothing like it.

7. except maybe road racing!!!

i love turn 1!