Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Booked in for CSS 25&26 July 2016

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by chilliman64, Jun 1, 2016.

1. hi guys

this afternoon I booked in for CSS Lvls 1+2 for July 25th + 26th at SMSP.

I did Lvl1 years ago then sold my busa about a year or so later and since then only ridden cruisers until I recently got my Tuono so time to get some training.

anyone else thinking of going on either of those days?

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Awesome..

I'm eyeing sometime at the end of the year at Phillip Island.

Need to get the leathers sorted out first but getting there slowly...

• Like Like x 3
  3. chilliman64chilliman64 please tell me you're going on the Fatty rather than the Ape? Just do it for the giggles.

Boris wrote an article in AMCN a coupe of years back where he took a roadliner or similar on a track day so there's precedent.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. What's the cost?

5. Im keen, always wanted to do CSS. I did Stay Upright a couple of years ago but I wasn't that impressed. Funnily enough when I did the lvl 2 course Boris was there (on a Caponord) and it was all a bit of a circus really, I was quite dissappointed.
    Im keen for some more track orientated training

6. I could do it for Lvl 1 as I've done it before but for the money I think I'll benefit more from the Ape. but it would be funny!

from the FAQs on their website:
    upload_2016-6-1_19-56-58.

7. #7 chilliman64, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    it's a bit dear but still good value
    upload_2016-6-1_19-59-20.

8. $575 each day? Yikes...

I'd still be there in a heartrbeat... been meaning to for ages... except that I fly to Singapore again that weekend I think. :(

9. yeah I know, it's pretty steep that's why I'm praying for good weather and a clear head. similar courses with Stay Upright are around the same price I guess.

10. just noticed there is a track day on the day before on the 24th

11. NOW I'm interested!!!

12. Would've been nice if it was the day after to practice what you've learnt

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. there's a few days in August so will probably get on one of those

14. As a side note, Toprider normally schedule their Advanced Training on the Day before they have a 'coach and setup ' track day. Discount if you book both. You end up with the same instructor over two days and they really get to know you for some targeted advice.

• Like Like x 1
  15. thanks mate that's a good tip. will get the CSS days done and then take a took at Toprider. I figure I'm not too old to get some proper training that will help me enjoy my riding more.

16. Even if you only do a coach and setup day on the south circuit - well worth it. Basically a track day but with an instructor that follows you for a while and photographers taking pics of you each session. Photo analyses after each session to help you to improve.

It's also a timed event with transponders. First aim so to get consistent times lap on lap.

• Like Like x 1
  17. might have a good talk to you about this next time we catch up

18. Thanks chilliman64chilliman64 for pointing me to this thread. I've just booked in for CSS Level 3 at SMSP (Eastern Creek) for Monday 25th July and I'm so excited I can't wait. See you there. Let me know if you need anything. I usually take out an esky and extra chairs as there is always a session where we rest and otherwise have nothing to do. The price may sound steep, but having done levels 1 & 2 previously, IMHO it very good value for money. The best training available.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. looking forward to seeing you there mate. my only concern is running out of fuel other than that I can't wait. when I did Lvl1 yrs ago I was ok but from memory the busa was a little friendlier on fuel.

20. Don't worry about that, I bring an extra 20L with me as I load my bike on a trailer and trailer it out. When I did levels 1 & 2 I only needed a splash for the last two sessions.