Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bonnie's trying to break the rules

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Turnip, Nov 18, 2008.

1. I made a rule when I bought the Bonnie - it doesn't get dropped.
    I've just hopped on the bike for the first time in a week and slowly rode it around the corner onto the driveway, and when I stopped it tried to lie down on it's right hand side.
    I wasn't too happy about this, so rather than leaping off and landing on my feet like I would have with my old bike, I held it up and lay it down really slowly.

There's a tiny scratch on the end of the brake lever, but we're both ok.

2. You, my friend, are a strange individual.
  3. You put your body in harm's way to protect your dearly beloved?

Such true love!

I hope you didn't get up to any hank panky with Bonnie whilst you were laying together in the driveway in public view? :shock:

Next time post pics :LOL:
  4. I'd drop you as well :evil: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  5. used the front brake didnt you?
  6. Might have. Got into that habit cos the rear brake on my old bike was pretty pathetic. But then so was the front, so I got away with it.
  7. I understand you perfectly! Mind you, the only time I've dropped a bike was once with my postie - a friend and I, both fans of Brideshead Revisited, had a Brideshead evening one evening when he was unexpectedly cashed up; I was totally drunk on champagne and the bike fell and I fell on top of it, and lay there laughing.
  8. I have an entirely new mental picture of you now.
    (Not that there's anything the matter with that.)
  9. i know exactly what you mean, i have a special talent of getting of pavements, 1 out of 10 times i have to gently lay it on its side,
  10. hahaha i did the same with my bike.
    I hurt my ankle and knee a little bit, but they where just swollen, i was just so happy i didnt even get 1 scratch on my bike :D