Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bolwell Scooters - How good are they?

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by davea1963, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Hi all,

Looking for a "larger capacity" scooter and have been looking at the Bolwell (SYM) Firenze.

I realise this is a pretty new model (in Oz at least) but was wondering how people are finding the Bolwell's as a brand for reliability, value, etc?

Darwin, NT

2. Firenze = damn ugly if you ask me! :p

Personally if i was looking at Maxi scoots i would lean towards the Yamaha T-Max, but to each their own :)

Bolwell appear to be very good, i dont own one and never have but reputation is good. I do know 3 people who have various Bolwell models and they've never had anything bad to say about them.

If you go test ride a Firenze it would be interesting to hear a bit of a review of it as i'm sure someone will ask about them in the near future.

3. There's an owners review here...

another one here from carsguide.com.au

It's certainly not as attractive as some of the Europeans, but doesn't look any worse than any other scooter of its type.

And it's got cupholders... :LOL: :LOL:

4. A good review of the Firenze is in the current issue of Scooter magazine.
  5. Definately Bolwell gives value for the buck.

I've had my HD200 for a couple of months now and its fantastic.
    Not too big or small at 171cc.

You won't be disappointed with their performance.
  6. Haven't ridden a bigger scooter yet, but the local hire mob runs Bolwell's up to about 150cc, so I'll try one of those and see how it goes. Should give me some idea...
  7. Maybe you could just purchase the bus and the costumes from "Priscilla Queen of the Desert", a much more effective way of delivering the message.
  8. Oh yes? And exactly which message is that?
  9. Oh it's just the usual scooter <-> mottorbike riders interaction. You get used to it after a while. :cool:

Oh, and try throwing some flak back at him. I mean it is obvious that he has that movie on his mind often to mention it here. Must be fixated with the subject or something. :blackeye:
  10. Maybe he's trying to sell HIS costumes and bus?
  11. What's a "runny" lifestyle? s that where you eat too many prunes and dairy? :shock:

Regards, Andrew.