Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Boingk's New Bike (2007 CBR125R)

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by boingk, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Hey there guys, long time no see.

A couple of things have changed since I was on here last... I've sold my beloved XR600R to a mate, and also picked up a CBR125R!

I know, I know... it might sound a tad wussy but it actually seems to be a good little runabout. The last owner (nice young guy learning to ride) was offloading it after a lowside, guessing he lost confidence in it. Thought I'd better help him out so went and had a testride, seemed alright on a quick lap or two of the Canberra street-circuit near his place and actually got going at a decent speed despite its low power and my relativly large (6'2"/90kg) frame.

The point of my buying it is to keep at an aerodrome in Newcastle so I can fly up and then not have to worry about transport. It costs peanuts to rego and run, and won't miss me while I'm away as its fuel injected and should - by all accounts - be very reliable.

Here she is fresh of the back of my brothers ute.

Cheers! - boingk

cbr1.
    cbr2.
    cbr3.

2. Good idea. Best of luck with it.

3. Yeah, good idea to have some transport handy in Newcastle.
    Looks nice without the fairings, too, I see.

4. Cheers mate, didn't think she looked too bad either. Was expecting a total dog from the way the guy described it haha!

Noticed you've also got a 125R - any particular tips on these little bikes? I've ordered a K&N air filter as I do for most of my vehicles, but don't know much else about them. Theres no crazy EFI/ECU tricks with them at all is there?

Cheers - boingk

5. Nothing funny that I have come across. I've only put 23,000 on mine but nothing strange has happened.
    I guess they are designed to be idiot proof since they are for learners. And Honda make so many that they seem to have no recurring issues.

One handy thing, which you might like if the bike is not being used for long stretches is that they push start extremely easily.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheers mate, will definitely remember that.

Out of interest I actually did a web search and found that they are on the list of bikes for 'commuterlite', or competitive racing using 125cc four-stroke production bikes. This was just being suggested as I got out of superlite racing, I reckon it'd be a hoot!

Heres the link to what I found:

http://www.ozbucketracing.com/buildingcommuterlite.html

Interesting stuff for sure, might have to have a go at some of the tips after I install the new filter.

Cheers - boingk

7. streetfighter 125r...you know you want to