Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Body Flexability and Leaning woes

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by tmg, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Hey people! er, yeah - hope that greeting wasn't "too" much. :LOL: Anyway :grin: I wanna ask anyone here about body flexability for when you ride your bike.

I remember - yeah I haven't ridin for aaaaagesss :LOL: - when I was doing my learners lessons, that when it came to doing tight/slow turns, I found it difficult to use counter-steering and I would more than often lean back with my arms really straight, like I was trying to "pull" the bike around the corner.

I also find it easier to lean one way apposed to the other - I think it was easier to lean the bike to the left and contract my right side than it was the other way, yeah that's it.

How can I fix this up? Stretches will help right? I really want to get good, so I know I need to practice riding. Answers will be appreciated.