Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bobbing a Kawasaki Vulcan

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Splittah, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Hey guys I'm thinking about buying and bobbing a 90's Kawasaki Vulcan 800800.

Let me give you a bit of background info. I've been riding dirt bikes since I was 5 and I'm now 20 so 15 years
    I was thinking about buying a sport or naked bike such as an er6nl or a KTM duke however money got in the road so I put it on hold for a while.
    I took an interest in Cafe racers and bobbers and fell in love with them. Went down to my local bike shop for other stuff and they had a 2015 Vulcan 650 which was really comfy and had a nice riding position. Way out of my price range so I thought why not go old school? Did a bit of research and seen that a few people have already bobbed them however I can't find anyone's experience about legalities, ADR, engineering etc or how they did it. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but eh.
    Anywah I'm just looking for some advice on how someone would go about it and legalities/engineering because obvs I'd be cutting the frame and stuff.

Appreciate any help you guys could give me, thanks!