Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bobber / Chopper parts suppliers.

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by jimmy_g, May 17, 2010.

1. Just wondering if anyone knows of any shops that do bobber style parts. in particular I am after a rear fender and a solo seat for an xvs650.

Found lots of places in USA/Japan but like to buy aussie when I can!

Would love some suggestions :)

Thanks in advance.
  2. Quite a few custom shops advertise in Just Bikes. Even if there isn't anywhere suitable, your $3.95 investment allows you several hours of drooling over bikes you can't afford.
  3. I know a bloke who builds bikes from scratch, usually doesn't do XVS stuff, but might be worth a shot.

You've probably seen them, but there's a company in the states that do some XVS stuff that -almosts- works. "Blue Collar Bobbers" I think. They have some funny videos on youtube.

If you get a chance, youtube search "XVS650 Blitzkrieg" it's some German guy. One of the more 'right' looking XVS conversions I've seen.
  4. Mate I think you will be mortified by the local pricing, I'd talk to the boys at SS Customs in the states first at least as a reference point http://www.sscustomcycle.com/.
  5. MCAS in auburn have a large section dedicated to cruiser bits. Why a welded tubular frame costs $2k - $4k alone I'd like to know.
  6. Kidding aren't you?

I was suprised they were that cheap. By the time you buy the steel and bender, doing it yourself I've estimated about $1000-1500.

There's got to be a couple of days labour in a softail frame, so that adds $2000 cost. Then the manufacturer and the retailer need to make a profit.

Yeah you can do it yourself, but buy the time you pay for the jig and the bender dies, then you'd want to be making two or more frames to justify it.
  7. I agree with ibast on the costs associated with frame manufacture. Mind you, back in the late '80s in the UK, a basic, universal, hardtail frame was 200 quid. 300 got you plunger suspension too. The quality could be a bit.....erm.....variable though. I remember seeing one or two flexing with use of the kickstart, so goodness knows what they were actually like to ride :shock:.
  8. Well, why don't you make one?
  9. And now I know!