Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bob Jane T-Marts ???

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by ZX9rB3, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what time Bob Jane T-Marts in the city open in the morning. I see they are listed as one of netrider Discount Partners. I guess they do sell and fit bike tyres. :?: Well i hope so! Can anyone tell me if I have to book in or can I just turn up and they will fit them pretty much on the spot? I need to get tyres fitted as soon as possible. I ride to work everyday and the back is almost on the canvas!! Yes stupid of me I know, anyway I have a small window of opportunity to get tyres fitted in the morning!
  2. I had a rear tyre fitted there last fortnight, I don't know what time they open, but I know they close at 5.30. It may pay you to ring them first to make sure they have what you want in stock. I had to go back the next day because they didn't have one in stock. I got a $15 discount. The young chap was very friendly, I can't fault them.
  3. Hi All..
    Bob Jane Tyres, are open every morning at 8am, not sure if bike section is open by then as well.

Cheer for Now
  4. Let your fingers do the walking as the old Yellow Pages adverts used to say.

Ring 'em first to make sure they have the tyre you want in stock to save a wasted trip.

I know when I got to the Taylor's Lakes branch for my car tyres they prefer me to book in a few days in advance just to make sure they have the 16" tyres my car takes in stock although with the VE having 16's as standard it might make it easier for me next time.
  5. Tim is great down there, good bloke and knows what he's doing. They had a special on Pilot Powers last time I went in, $480 the pair fitted (with NR discount).
  6. thanks all ill give them a ring at 8 am and see whats in stock

7. I went in this morning and was in and out with 2 new tyres fitted within 1 and 1/2 hours. Pilot power front and pilot road rear. Boy does that feel different having new tyres. The bike actually handles again.

Thanks again for the replies.

Cheers all
  8. How's the combination feel? I'm gonna have to go back to something harder on the rear than the Power, I'm shredding it.
  9. Yeh feels good Loz,

Thats why I put a hard compound on the rear. The bigger bore bikes just eat rear tyres and at $280+ a tyre I cant afford to replace them every 6 months.
    They are dual compound anyway and still have soft sides. Grip is still excellent for the road very little wheel spin on dry roads, if any.