Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bob Carr Resigns as Premier of NSW

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by doonx, Jul 27, 2005.

1.  Top
  2. Bob who ?...........

3. midnight - no need to show your ignorance

4. i thouoght this was gonna be one of doonks trick of words :D

5. I'm with midnight on this one

6. "...made the decision after a bottle of chardonnay" wonder just how many other decisions has he made after getting on the booze? :?

7. So I guess we could say the Carrnival is over ??????

8. He'll get a golden handshake and an e-tag. Anyone else think it ironic that a man whose surname is Carr introduced so many tolls?

:shock: I'll get me coat...

9. sheeet is that a wind up? I haven't seen the news today but crapola. Then again I don't really give a stuff lol

10. I cannot resist one openly political comment, please
    This resignation is only ten years late.
    Quote" If I can't reduce hospital waiting lists by half in my first year, I and my health minister will resign"
    Needless to say waiting lists are now at 60,000 or more.
    This is the man who has single-handedly presided over the decimation of the NSW Clubs industry, and the destruction of thousands of jobs in the Real Estate indisutry, to name just a few. And we are sorry to see him go?
    So now off to New Zealand, I wonder if he'll pay his exit tax on the sale of his house??
    And I wonder if his successor will have the guts to repeal the criminal poker machine tax, and abolish the stupid exit tax? Any bets? No, I didn't think so.
    END OF RANT!! Thank you linesmen, thank you ball-boys.

11. Interesting.........

Actually... no its not, one politician leaves, another starts, meh.. nothing will change, they're all the same.

I used to say "sh1t happens", but now I know it's these @rseholes that cause it.

JJ

12. Woooohooooo... parking on the side walk and free tunel use in NSW now....

:LOL: :LOL:

13. All I can say to that is, "THANK F*#K AND IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!"

Actually, I could say a hell of a lot more, but shall refrain. Maybe next time I go home (Gosford), I will be able to get a train that runs on time, a hospital bed if something happens, and just maybe some person with a speck of intelligence will reduce or remove the shiteloads of taxes that wanker brought in over his 20 year reign!

Bring on the state elections in 2007!!!

Btw - pre-selection for the 2007 elections begins next week! :D

14. I don't want to be a party pooper, but tell me the last time a politician repealed a tax? It doesn't happen and it won't happen here either.

Promises will be made and broken, as usual.

Politicians are like bananas; they start out green, they finish up yellow and there isn't a straight one amongst them.

15. yeah, and like mangos I reckon, yellow inside and give everyone the sh1ts

16. don't get too happy - we'll probably end up with a fookwit like bracks when it comes to road policy etc. We've had it really light compared to them!

17. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but I've got to admit thaty I've been wondering if it isn't WORSE in NSW at the moment.
    I mean, you've got those ridiculous exhaust labeling laws, and harsher penalties than Victoria.
    On the other hand, you probably only get pinged when your guilty...

18. Good to hear it. Bob Carr was a tosser (alright, still is a tosser)!

He was the main force behind the excessive tort reform we've seen over the last few years. A knee jerk reaction to a problem that never existed in the first place except by invention of the insurance industry.

Good luck if you live in NSW and some dickhead runs you off your bike. You won't be able to sue them for anything reasonable.

You also won't be able to find a lawyer to take on your case given that Bob thought it was a good idea to make it illegal for lawyers to advertise that they do personal injury work.

And yes, I had to limit what I wanted to really say for bandwith reasons.

End rant.

19. \
    come on, that had brilliant ramifacations for late night tv :D