Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bo Diddley - RIP

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ezyryder, Jun 3, 2008.

1. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/celebrities/5814037.html

'Bo Diddley was a musical innovator who helped forge the sound and contributed to the style of rock 'n' roll. He sported a trademark fedora, played an iconic square-shaped guitar and from it he extracted a deep, rusty reverb and a peculiar playing style that influenced generations of players.

Diddley died Monday of heart failure at his home in Archer, Fla.; he was 79. He'd been in ill health for much of the past year, having suffered a stroke and a heart attack in 2007'.

This guy was a legend. I managed to see him a couple of years ago - he was not in great health, but to just be there and see him in action was something else.

RIP :cry:

2. Best Ned Flanders headline ever: Bo diddely Diddely doodely died. :(
  3. The Bo Diddley sound lives on. rip.
  4. RIP Bo......
    Rock on with the All-Star Heaven Band
  5. Very sad, definitely a legend.
  6. PBS radio here in Melb have had spots of Bo Diddley tributes through the week, its been really good even to a fan like me to remember and be reminded of the influence he had on music. I mean, his song 'Who Do You Love' is used in a University (forget where) due to its surreal lyrics. It was written in 1956 and they use it for lyric dissection and discussion or whatever they do with it :cool: