Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[BNE] I hate taxi drivers?

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Kojihama, Nov 19, 2009.

1. So I was coming home at around 8.30pm from the Southside and I went over the Gateway bridge. Going north the bridge now splits at the bottom into two directions. At the tip of the bridge I had already noticed a taxi scampering up quite fast and I was only doing 75 (80 zone) in the left lane due to some strong winds.

About 1/2 way down I noticed there was a truck with merge right arrow and there were about 5-6 cars to my right also going pretty fast preventing me from merging right. So I start slowly slowing down.. taxi just keeps riding up my behind (around 1m) until i'm about 10m from the truck where I just brake to go to a complete stop. I'd like to say the taxi driver actually grew a brain and realised he had left me no room to move, but i'm a cynic and he probably just got annoyed at me instead. So I let everyone pass along with the taxi and I end up in beside the truck slightly in the emergency lane but at least I was alive and no damage was caused.

Doesn't sound as scary as some other stories i've read, but i've always thought taxi drivers were bad.. they're even worse when you're on a bike on the receiving end.

I, hate, taxi drivers.
  2. me too man. me too. Taxi drivers lick bags.