Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BMW Ute

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by grange, Apr 1, 2011.

1. New M3 convertible pickup revealed today.

BMW has revealed what is claimed to be the world’s fastest utility.

The luxury truck was unveiled today, with BMW saying the new M3 ute – which is powered by a 309kW engine and boasts a 450kg load capacity – takes “race-oriented driving pleasure and everyday utility to an entirely new level”.

The targa hard-top roof can be removed, cutting 20kg from the weight and the when you remove the tonneau cover it exposes a heavy duty chequer-plate lined tray which is capable of hauling 20 golf bags.

It’s also the first BMW M3 to come with a tow bar hitch.

Attached Files:

2. And the date today is....?

3. it's after midday

4. that would depend on where you are reading from....

5. you posted this at 2.25 pm so you tell me

6. Still not noon here.

7. But your 3 hours be hind any way, hahahahahaha

8.  Top
  9. Not a bad job to get free worldwide advertisement.

10. #10 GOOSH, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  11. Add about 35 years and you'd be close :D.

12. better luck next year sweetheart.

13. All that thing would be good for is spinning up the rear wheels and sliding the arse out. At least that's my recollection of driving a high-powered ute. I almost prefer FWD! Almost.

14. ...boasting 450kg load capacity?...what's to boast when there are 1 tonne utes out there?

and golf bags?...seriously? would be cooler if they said 2 motorcross bikes while towing a caravan.

15. Midday for me is midnight since im on permanent nightshift so its all relavite :D.

16. Thank you - I was going to mention that one.

17. Yeah, but it's not all beer and skittles. There are some downsides as well...

18. lol kneedragon

Not to be outdone, Mercedes has returned fire with a C63 AMG ute, and with 450 horsepower on tap it will comfortably tow the M3 ute when it breaks down due to some obscure electrical problem.

Attached Files: