Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BMW S1000RR 2012

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Dionikon, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Dionikon, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    Ok, so I think I've decided to sell my beloved S1000RR. Sensational bike, but I'm just not doing it justice.

It's a 2012 Racing Red BMW S1000RR with all the trimmings.

BMW spiel here: http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/..._accessories_flashcatalogue.html&startpage=85

It has:
    - Akrapovic slip on exhaust (BMW Option).
    - Gilles Tooling adjustable brake and clutch levers.
    - Woodcraft engine protection.
    - Axle protectors front and rear.
    - Stomp grip tank grips.
    - Triboseat pillion seat cover.
    - 360 signals front indicators (www.360signals.net).
    - BMW OEM Tank and Tailbags.
    - Aftermarket soft panniers (not installed).
    - Gilles tooling crash knobs (not installed as they require cutting the fairings).
    - Factory fitted heated grips.

All original parts included.

The bike has done just over 12,000 km's, all of it riding in the twisties with the occasional commute, plus 1 day at the track for an advanced riding course (HART Advanced II).

Price: $20,500

It has been serviced by BMW Southbank for both it's 1,000 and 10,000 services, and had fresh oil and filter done at 6,000. No service due till April 2013 (brake fluid only), then at 20,000 km's.

I'm selling due to an unexplainable urge to buy an adventure touring bike that I can't shake, and unfortunately the financial controller wont allow 2 bikes.

Be quick, I may change my mind. ;)

Pics here

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi,

Sorry to see this departing..... Only seen her in the flesh once - Yum!!

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers Jeremy
  3. Awwww, really? Ask Phil what he thinks of his adventure touring bike (if that's what you call it). I don't think he was impressed.

Thought you suited this bike perfectly.

Best of luck with the sale.
  4. Greydog Phil doesn't like his because it's a Triumph. :p

I really love the bike, it's brilliant. And if I could swing 2 bikes I'd definitely keep it without a second thought, but try as I might I can't think of a reasonable argument to have both bikes (not one that the other half finds reasonable anyway).
  5. Nothing wrong with the Tiger just a shit rider ;)
    I've got my eye on the 2013 r1200gs if the seat height isn't too high, Is that what your thinking about N?
  6. What??? Wow. Best of luck with the sale.
  7. wtf! :eek:

Adventure touring bug is hitting a lot of people Nathan. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

Who knows what bike I will do next month's High Country ride on :)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. And to add to my earlier post if it wasn't apparent enough, I too am trying to shake that bug. It wont go away. :wideyed:
  9. [​IMG]

But yes, adventure/tourer bikes possess that irresistible allure. I suspect it lies in its promise to haul you away from the madness and into nirvana.

All the best with the sale! (y)
  10. Looking at a 2012 r1200GS Adventure. Which is actually identical to the 2013 Adventure model until they release the update late next year. Only the standard GS is being changed for early 2013 release, the Adventure is staying the same for a while.

I reckon you'd struggle Biggles, I can't flat foot the GSA, the standard is a little lower but not much (this is just based on sitting on them btw, I have no idea of the measurements).
  11. OMG - you really wern't kidding.

didn't expect you to act so quickly on this
  12. Biggles & Dionikon, try test riding the Moto Guzzi Stelvio if you can along with the BMW.

It has been getting excellent reviews as well and I believe comes with a low seat option as well.

Also good points are standard panniers, shaft drive and 30+ ltr fuel tank. Looks good as well. :)
  13. As much as I like Guzzi's the GS has so much more and you can get a low suspension for short arses like me.
  14. Man that is an amazingly gorgeous bike, especially in that colour scheme. $20k is a teensy bit out of my price range but good luck with the sale :D
  15. Stu_H, a very wise man, once said to me every rider is always thinking about their next bike, and that's certainly true in my case. Another for the Adventure Tourer gang, awesome decision Dionikon!

Good luck with the sale of this bike - it's a peach.
  16. If it's only a little out of your price range there may be a little flexibility there. ;)
  17. :) Found T H I S on the spidey web....
  18. Semi-off-topic question. What adventure bike are you looking at?

I'm tossing between sports tourer/sports or adventure touring...
  19. I am also convinced my next bike will be an adventure-tourer....

For me it will be this:

As the Sig say..........Thumpity.....thump, thump
    • Like Like x 1
  20. BMW R1200GS Adventure.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.