Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BMW R1150RT removing Battery

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by boy biker, Feb 17, 2008.

1. hey all was just wondering wheather you could help us. My dad has an 2005 model BMW R1150RT and has got a flat battery and wants to remove it to replace it and was wondering how you get the mirror off it, it says that their is a bolt or something their but cant find it and was wonering weather you could help

thanks for your assistance

2. All faired BMWs I've seen have the mirrors mounted on the fairing on press-stud type mounts so that they pop off if you scrape them on something. A sharp tap backwards with the palm of a hand should pop 'em off.

Don't forget to catch them :grin: .
  3. thanks for that ill try it now
  4. Your post is a year old BUT I have found a download PDF of the R1150 BMW manual. Send me a msg if you want me to email a copy to you.
  5. hey smee - your link doesn't work?

Anyway I have it for free so if anyone wants it welcome to have it.

I took the pdf on a memory stick to the local print ship and got a copy doubled sided A4 nd bound cost $15 - good quality too.