Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BMW R1100S -v- BMW Scarver

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by martych, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Hi guys and gals, just after some opinions on a couple of bikes I'm tossing up between (as above).

Firstly, my budget is around 8k. I've found a R1100S with high (about 105000) on the clock, but with good service history.

The second choice is a low km Scarver 650.

I know these 2 are chalk and cheese, but here's where I have a problem....

1. (My heart's choice:) The 1100 BUT it has heaps of km's. So are these engines good for it ? My (very limited) understanding is that they're fine for just about ever.

2. (My head's choice:) The Scarver. BUT is it an orphan ? Again, my understanding is that the Scarver is a bit "odd ball" and don't attract buyers 'when' I eventually want to sell it. And will I be bored on it ?

I'm a commuter but want something that is fun for the odd Great Ocean Road run etc,.

(Just to put this into perspective _I had a 650 V-Strom until about 6 months ago and really liked it)

Any thoughts ??