Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bmw K1200RS with the lot

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Brick, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a 2001 BMW K1200RS needing a new home. This comes with almost anything you might want to add to a mile eating sports tourer. Starting at the front wheel heading backwards

Almost new PR3 front tyre
    DDM HID headlight upgrade
    driving lights
    Stebel Nautilus compact 140Db airhorns on a relay.
    Radguards both radiators and oil cooler
    New colour coded braided stainless brake lines
    Factory electronic cruise control
    Factory heated grips
    Bagster tank Bra and matching tank bag
    Custom two tone, BMW badged sheepskin cover - with water proof cover
    BMW system touring cases - one brand new still in the box
    new Rear PR3 rear tyre
    New Custom Pearl White paint with custom badging
    Ventura tail bag and rack
    Lite Buddy tail light upgrade
    clear indicator lenses all round fitted with Narva Phantom globes
    New stainless steel exhaust headers
    New cf Remus sports exhaust
    new Rhinewest ECU chip upgrade (better throttle response, more torque and so far less fuel)

The bike has been recently serviced and includes extra filters, parts etc. and manuals

This is a fantastic bike to ride. It will keep up with or blow away most sports bikes when the road gets twisty, yet eat miles like a pro when you want to ride distance. I have a service history for the bike and can not fault it. The rear seals were replaced 18 months ago and both fuel connectors upgraded, so none of the normal problems. It will stand up to any test that anyone could possibly want to put to it. I've spent thousands of $$ in the past 12 months on this bike doing various upgrades, unfortunately I just found a K1600GT at the right price and only one of them will fit in the shed.

I'm happy to arrange any pre-purchase inspection and assist with crating and transport with any transport company that a new owner chooses. Currently has just short of 100K on the clock. (Averaging just under 8500km per year) which means there is at least another 200 000 kms of fun to be had be another rider. These horizontal four cylinder BMW bikes are tough, reliable and smooth as. Essentially a car engine on its side, they are a low revving high torque motor built for longevity.

If anyone is interested please PM me. I can supply extra photos as requested. This is one very pretty bike and would make anyone happy to own. Offers around $9000

In Darwin
  2. Put up a price or thread gets deleted Wes
  3. Do you mean low revving? Slow revving implies truck like acceleration.
  4. Not necessarily if its high torque
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.