Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BMW K100 tank bag - the hunt is on

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Bignose, Jun 30, 2015.

1. I'm looking for a tank bag suitable to use on my BMW K100RS's.....it may be a long stretch since the newest in my stable is now 26 years old and bearing in mind that magnetic attachments aren't viable as the tank is aluminium.

2. Please scan the forums for the most appropriate place for your post next time, I've moved it this time, thanks.
  3. Givi Tanklock? You might be able to drill out the adapter plate to suit the bolt configuration on your petrol filler, or get lucky and find one that already matches..
  4. Thanks,that looks like a tidy option without having straps everywhere scratching up the tank.I'll do some research,see if I can find what would fit closest.
  5. I've got a bmw tank bag which suits a bmw r80 for sale, not sure if it would fit the K100?
  6. I don't think it would fit,mind you if there was an old R80 stuck to the bottom of the bag I might be able to use it ;)
  7. I don't think a Givi system would fit because the screws on the K are recessed under the cap and it's a tight gap around the cap and tank.
    Bagster made a bra/bag combination, but I just used a generic strap around the tank/steering head on mine (years ago).
    • Agree Agree x 1