Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BMW Halbo Organismus

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Sooty, Jul 3, 2009.

1. No thanks.
  2. nix here too; how do these wacko ideas get out into the public domain, isn't there someone in the factories who can take these whacked-out designers aside and demand that they explain themselves??
  3. Someone has to come up with the original designs. Designers are forever tossing these ideas out there - a very small percentage get taken to the concept stage.

The way I see it? In a future where the internal combustion engine is redundant and the world is overpopulated to the point where you can't sit down without paying for the space - such a vehicle might be en vogue.

Anyway, who would say no to trying out a powered unicycle even if it's ugly?
  4. WTF are you supposed to do with your hands, juggle chainsaws? :?

Edit: Never mind, I see the handle bars now... Nevertheless:

No sir, I don't like it.
  5. What's with the nipple-less cyber babe? :shock:
  6. The whole point of concepts like these is to get them out and provoke discussion and feedback. BMW have done quite a lot of these over the years. Designers are encouraged to come up wiht these sorts of concepts. Honda in Japan has an annual internal competition to come up with strange new concepts.

BMW Lo-Rider (shown at Milan in 2008) - with a Qld numberplate!

BMW IMME 1200 shown on the BMW stand at the 2004 Intermot Motorcycle Show in Cologne