Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BMW City Trousers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by taiheung, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Hey just picked up a pair of BMW's City Trousers.
    They RRP at $300 which isn't half bad considering the normal price of their gear. I just wanted so see if anyone else had a pair/thoughts or reviews. So far I've found them to be quite good - while not advertised as windproof last night in the cold weather they held up 100x better than my normal jeans would.

The mix of cordura/denim puts them ahead of draggin jeans and so forth in protection. I was also impressed with the guards - there are guards on either side of the hip to protect against sliding - and absolutely massive knee guards - they wrap around the knee and extend all the way down the leg. When coupled with boots these knee guards leave no area of the front of your leg exposed.

No back pocket or waterproof pocket is a bummer though the height adjustable knee guards and easy to use pockets (while seated) are pros. Also the look of these pants makes them half decent to wear while off the bike. Ie. You don't look like a spaceman!

Anyway, those are my initial opinions. As I wear them in if things change I'll let you guys know.