Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bluetooth headset that I can use with my own headphones

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Omarko, Aug 24, 2011.

1. hey guys

I currently use earmoulds with build in headphones I had done couple years ago at Earmould in Sydney.

Best thing ever as it really dampens the noise of my Leo Vince and the sound quality of the music is simply incredible as its delivered straight into your ears.

Best thing is that if you dont blast the music, you can still hear a car horn although if that is the case, I am usualy long gone.

Anyway, to cut my long story short, I would like to be able to use some sort of a bluetooth device that connects to my phone and I can use to receive calls while I am on the bike. I have seen the Scala Rider BT sets and they are great however you have to use the flat speakers that go into your helmet. I am after a device which attaches to your helmet and it has the microphone going inside through the bottom however, it also has a jack to plug my headphones in. That way I can still listen to my music from my iPhone but also I can receive a call.

Also, if it could be bit more discreet than the Scala rider that would be awesome, as they stick out a fair bit and it looks funny.

Does such product exist ? Anyone come across one ? Or am I dreaming ?

2. You can easily change the headphones in the scala rider to a female jack which you can plug your headphones in.

3. you mean as in cut the scala reider speakers off and solder a female jack connector ? are the amplifications etc correct or will it blow my headphones? lol

4. I can confirm that you would need to cut the wires to do it on a Parrot SK4000 as I had one.

I really don't think what you are asking is possible. You will probably need to cut.

5. you will need to find out what the resistance in the current is as these will need to match but apart from that I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

6. fair enough ... Im happy with the cutting and bit of soldering :)

so can I play music through bluetooth from my iPhone to the Scala rider? I heard that the Scala rider will only support phone calls, not BT music streaming.

7.  Top
  8.  Top
  9. thats awesome MV, exactly what I wanted to see ! thank you !

10. (y) Glad you found it useful.

11. Im using these flat speakers (comes with wired microphone and boom microphone). each speaker and microphone is connected with waterproof plugs. Makes it easy to change them over if faulty or do what you want to do without having to mount plugs outside the helmet or cut wires on both sides etc...
    I can ask my manufacture to send some connectors/plugs for you to try if you like?

$(KGrHqMOKpwE4kevEyUOBOUZ7PO-Qw~~48_12.JPG

You can see details about the product here (currently preorder): I am the seller; http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120740761356

12.  Top