Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Blue slip?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by jesterphile, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Hi guys,

Put my name down for a CBR300R at a local dealer on the weekend, brand new bike, arranged to pick up this week sometime - they called today to let me know that they would have to push the pickup back a day or so as they needed to get a blue slip. Does this seem weird? I haven't heard of having to get a blue slip for a new vehicle of any sort before?

2.  Top
  3. They still need to provide the AUVIS inspection to establish first registration.

4. as above..
    http://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/register-new-vehicle
    "what you'll need" section = blueslip.

Inspection reports are valid for 42 days from the date of inspection.. so if it is brand new, they probably haven't gotten the blue slip yet.. bit tardy, or they just didn't expect to sell that many bikes this month

blue slip is pretty much just a VIN check for new vehicle

5. Thanks guys :)

I assumed it was just the VIN/Engine number check and report to the RMS but I've never bought a new vehicle before and when I told my father about it he thought it was weird.

Probably one of those things that's normally taken care of in advance and not mentioned?

I'm just excited to get my first bike.