Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Blue Ribbon Ride - reposted

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Flipper, Jan 14, 2005.

1. The Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Foundation is launching a new event in January 2005. The Ride to Remember is an opportunity for motorcycle enthusiasts to show their support for the Blue Ribbon Foundation and raise money for new medical facilities in Victoria’s public hospitals.

The MRA will be assisting with this ride. Marshals should contact Anton on 0395-157-014 if they can help out.

The inaugural Ride to Remember, covering a distance of nearly 90 kilometers, will be held on Sunday 23rd January.

Starting from Monash University in Clayton the Ride will follow a course through Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, through the Yarra Valley and into the Dandenong Ranges to finish at the Maroondah Resevoir Park. The course, which will suit experienced, novice and occasional riders, will make good use of larger roads to accommodate the anticipated number of bikes expected in the inaugural Ride to Remember. Some activities, competitions and a BBQ are planned at the finish point and participants will be able to win some terrific prizes. A limited edition badge will also be available for sale to riders who are part of the first ever Ride to Remember.

An entry fee of $10 per bike will apply for those who pre-book or $15 for those who enter on the day. All proceeds to benefit the Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Foundation.

All licensed motorcyclists are encouraged to take part in the Ride to Remember. Every bike will have a blue and white ribbon attached as a mark of respect and remembrance for members of the Victoria Police who have been killed in the line of duty. Of the 137 officers who have died in the line of duty 22 have been killed in incidents involving motorcycles since 1924.

There are more than 270,000 licensed riders in Victoria so the Ride to Remember is an excellent opportunity for the motorcycle community to come together in memory of these officers. Money raised from the Ride to Remember will be used by the Blue Ribbon Foundation to fund a dedicated surgical theatre in the Trauma Centre at the Alfred Hospital. When completed in early 2005 the theatre will give medical staff and critically injured patients immediate access to surgical facilities within the Trauma Centre.

Blue Ribbon Foundation Chief Executive, Neil Soullier said; “Since the idea of a memorial ride was first suggested by a group of motorcycle riders, it has gathered momentum and is now shaping up to be a very significant event. We’ve received wonderful support from many motorcycle groups and clubs who have offered assistance with planning, logistics and marshalling. I’m also amazed at the number of corporate and sporting people who own bikes but rarely take them out of the garage so the Ride to Remember should encourage them to join us on the road for a good cause”.

Event Details:
    Event: The Ride to Remember 2005
    Organiser: Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Foundation
    Venue: Start: Monash University, Wellington Road Clayton
    Finish: Maroondah Resevoir Park, Healesville
    Date: Sunday 23rd January 2005
    Time: Start 10am
    Open To: All licensed motorcycle riders with registered bikes
    Registered motor scooters
    Group and club bookings welcome
    No unregistered mini-bikes or scooters.
    Tickets: $10.00 per bike (pre-entry and paid)
    $15.00 per bike (entry on the day)
    Bookings: Through the Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Foundation
    Telephone: 9555 8000
    Fax: 9555 9969
    Email: admin@policeblueribbon.com.au
    Internet: www.policeblueribbon.com.au
    Key Activities: Breakfast BBQ at the starting point (subject to fire bans)
    BBQ & refreshments available at the finish point.
    Participants welcome to bring picnic hampers
    Competitions with prizes
    Raffle
    Emergency Service Displays

For further information contact:

Neil Soullier
    Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Foundation
    Telephone: 9555 8000.

2. I would like to do this ride, but having had no experience doing a group ride previously, was wondering who else is going so I can tag along with you?

Anyone wanna look after an L plater?

3. I plan on going Rob. We can hook up before the ride and head down together if you like. I just need to confirm with da bossman ;)

4. Yea, I'll be going to this ride.

5. I am one of the Marshalls.

So I will see you all there.

Nathan

6. Just a reminder that it's on, and I also rang up to book and the guy on the other line has informed me that since they expect large numbers to attend, they've changed the pricing to $10 regardless of pre-bookings 8)

See you all there :D

7. They are, when did you hear this, not that $5 is a big difference

8. I will be there. Got my letter and ribbon in the post today. Went to the publicity session today with a few others.
    Plan to be at the start around 9am so see you there.

9. I'm in as well.

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

10. Havn't been off them for that long myself and I'm riding a cruiser so happy to look after you.

11. Yesterday, as soon as I got off the phone, I put the post up.

12. I am definately going to be there with my L plater wife as well so if anyone is coming in from the west side and wants to join us.

Leaving Werribee at about 8.15 am. If any west riders are interested if you are at the Council offices on Princes Highway by 0810 you can come along with us.

Brian 0412 071 924

Edit> I will be at the council offices from 0800. The departure time will be no later than 0815. I have plotted a course and produced some maps for people if they want them.
    :D :D :D :D

13. Looking forward to it!!!!!!

14. For those wanting to ride to the start point at Monash, there are a few of us leaving HQ at 9am SHARP. They have a bbq breaky there so we want to get there in time for some tucker :D so whoever wants to join us, meet at HQ anytime between 8:30 - 9am. :)

15. I will be leaving from FTG so if anyone wants to hook up from the EAST then please give me a tingle.

0415 487655

Taz

ps .. flipper where is HQ ?

16. Taz, HQ is about 5 mins from the Monash Uni. Its in Mulgrave. I will PM you the address in case you want to call in here before the ride...
    and anyone else.
    It's just easier to go as a group, especially if you haven't met many netriders. You can meet them here b4 the ride instead of getting there and wondering who's who. :)

17. Great thanks flipper :)

18. i'm coming from geelong dude so i'll meet up with you and ride in :)

19. I will meet up as well.

Take it easy.