Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bloody RTA/Gov

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by davidp1984, Dec 18, 2009.

1. That's nice to know...

... But what about for COMBINED redlight/speed cameras in the middle of an intersection? What are the safety stats for those, huh, since that's what's being installed? Surely the ACT and VIC have lots of data on that.
  2. sneaky buggers. i saw on another nsw website it said double points from this weekend but couldn't find anything on the RTA website.

i assumed it would have started next week....anyone know for NSW? double points?
  3. my bad, they updated from yesterday, i/e today....from the 24th of December to the 3rd
  4. will they have the three sign warning mandatory for all speed camera's? If not, given that they double as a speed camera, you could probably get off any speeding offense in these locations.

Speaking of which, I went through the miranda intersection half an hour ago. did not see any safety camera sign.
  5. It's not more dangerous. You just need to have one eye on the traffic lights and one eye on your speedo.

And one eye on the road ahead and one eye on any cars that you think might not be doing the right thing and one eye on pedestrians and one eye on the myriad of signs that litter intersections and try to decipher which ones are important and which aren't. So all you need is half a dozen eyes.

Oh and try to keep them all in focus. Easy.